Course title: 30 day Walking Challenge
Start date: Ongoing
Pre-requisites: None. You will need a pedometer or app that counts your daily steps.
Investment: GBP 65
NOCNA Bank account number: 9490.05.98259
Walking offers all the steps to better health. Take part in our Healthy Steps 30 day Walking Challenge. You can start already today. Whether you`re already an avid walker or ready to get started, the Healthy Steps - 30 Day Walking Challenge is a great way to get on the road to better health. Walking is one of the easiest ways to stay active and get exercise, and you`ll have the possibility to get fresh air and enjoy nature at the same time. By completing the challenge you will be rewarded with a personal diploma documenting your success.
Walking is one of the easiest ways to stay active and get exercise and take care of your personal health. And it`s cheap - all you need is a pair of comfortable shoes and a willingness to take action for a better health.
- Give you more energy and make you feel good
- Promote your health and well-being
- Tone your muscles
- Increase the number of calories you burn
- Reduce stress
- Help you relax
- Improve your stamina and your fitness
- Strengthen your bones and your muscles
- Give an opportunity to enjoy fresh air and nature
- Lower your risk of lifestyle diseases
- Give an opportunity to socialize when walking with others
- Start with an easy 10-15 min walk to warm up your muscles
- Wear comfortable shoes
- To keep your upper body active you can swing your arms as you step
- Let your spine rotate gently as you walk for releasing tensions
- Walk with relaxed shoulders held slightly back
- Look ahead and up, keeping your head in a good posture - Enjoy the nature and surroundings
- Walk mindful and give time to be aware of your surroundings
- Wear bright or reflective clothing when it is dark
1. Take the stairs whenever you can
2. Walk short office walks during your working day
3. Get off the bus a stop or two before your destination
4. Walk the perimeter of your grocery store before you shop
5. Replace one 30-minute TV show or sofa time with a nice walk with your family in the neighborhood
Before you start a walking program, check with your physician if you have special health needs or challenges.